CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Fish Soup for the Soul

Cooking is one of my favourite chore I do at home. Most of the recipes were from my dear mother. She's a good cook. All her cooking were tastefully delicious. She got her cooking skills from my late grandma. I hope my children will love cooking too and I'm excited to part my skills to them too... :)

This month is fasting month. We break our fast in the evening. Usually I will start cooking around 4pm. So everything are ready by 6.50pm. Most of our meal come with a main dish and vegetable. Everyday will be different style of cooking. Chinese, Malay, Indian or Western. Today, my husband want me to cook Chinese style Fish Soup. So we went to the supermarket and bought sliced fish.

Recipe for "Fish Soup for the soul"

First heat some oil, throw in some garlic, onion and cut ginger, stir all these ingredient for 3 mins. Pour about 2 cups of water and let it boil on medium fire. When the soup starts boiling, throw in the sliced fish and stir gently for about 10 mins on small fire. Throw in 1 teaspoon of salt and 3 tablespoons of Evaporated Milk. Stir gently about 5 mins and the soup is done.

Easy! Isn't it? Remember to prepare cut chili padi and soy sauce for dipping the fish later.


Some of our favourite dishes (cooked by me of course!)

Tempeh Goreng (Fried Fremented Soya Bean)



Fried Cabbage



Curry Fish

1 comment:

Kay said...

She never fail my tastebuds. I'm her living testimony of her cookings. I'm blessed to have a wonderful master chef in my house!